The NAAPA Forum focused on three key elements of alcohol policy and regulation; Premier Barry O’Farrell’s January announcement of the alcohol violence initiatives and the legislative changes in Sydney and NSW, the review of the NSW Liquor Act 2007 and opportunities for future reforms in alcohol policy in NSW.
- You can listen to the podcast of the event featuring presentations from:
- Professor Kate Conigrave, The Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Mr Paul Newson, Executive Director, Office of Liquor Gaming and Racing presenting on implementing new reforms and progress on the NSW Liquor Act 2007
- Professor Anthony Shakeshaft, Deputy Director, National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre making a response to the NSW Liquor Act 2007 Review
- Professor Kyp Kypri, University of Newcastle presenting on the results and implications of the Newcastle Experiment.
The forum also included a panel discussion featuring:
- Mr Paul Newson, Office of Liquor Gaming and Racing
- Professor Kyp Kypri, University of Newcastle
- Dr Brett Gardiner, Director of Clinical Governance, St Vincent’s Hospital